Pages

Wednesday 1 February 2012

My Journey Begins

The past two months I have discovered many websites and blogs that I have never been exposed to before and they have inspired me to create my own blog. I have mauled over many ideas of what I want this blog to be about: my every day life, crafts, home makeover...so, I have decided to devote this blog to all three...and, maybe in the future, even more! I will have to start off small so I do not quit one day into this by taking on too much, but I am determined to make this work!

One of the websites that I have discovered in the past two months is Pinterest. I am OBSESSED with this website and every night when I browse the site, I feel so crafty when I have done nothing but sit on the couch and stare at my computer screen. I finally have decided to do something other than LOOK at the projects I have found. From Pinterest, I have followed links to many craft blogs, which have ultimately inspired me to create this blog. The pages I plan to develop include:

Home Makeover: My fiance Kyle and I had a house built about 2 years ago. We are young (and are saving for our wedding, July 14, 2012!) resulting in a lack of decor and design in our home. Also, most of our furniture is mismatched. So, I am going to take on a home makeover. Deigning one room at a time by creating homemade decor and refurnishing some of the existing pieces in our home spending as little money as possible. 

Crafts: I have so many craft projects that I want to try. So, this is where I will post the projects that I create. I have already completed a few and will have to post them soon :) 

Life: Here I will discuss my life goals (my sister and I are starting a weight loss/fitness project soon...more to follow). 

To be honest, I have been very lazy lately and a bit down in the dumps. I feel tired all the time and it is REALLY hard for me to get motivated. But, what I have noticed is that I am very happy when I am planning crafts and looking at the potential projects I could make; therefore, I am hoping that by creating this blog and other projects, I will add some extra happiness and joy into my life. Wish me luck with this blog and the many projects that are to come! I am new to this, so bare with me :) 

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. - Alan Cohen

No comments:

Post a Comment